Saturday, October 11, 2008

My First Dental Appointment

Wel.. that's as far as I can remember..

In Indonesia, there used to be a school dentist (or perhaps someone paid by the school to come) to check our dental health every 6 months. So when I was in primary school, I never go to dentist at all.

And I don't recall going to dentist in junior and senior high school. So I was quite shocked when my colleagues told me that they go for regular dental check-up with cleaning and polishing every 6 months! I feel so gross hahahhaa.. so as advised, I scheduled a dental appointment at the place that they tested before, both of them said this dentist is good, so that should make the whole going to dentist thing less scary.

So last Friday, I went to the dentist and they brought me to this room with a chair in the middle of the room. The dentist was checking her email when I went it (she uses GMail haha), then first she did some kind of check with 2 long metal thinge.. one that looks like a mirror and another one with a hook in front.. I worked in dental supply company before but I have no idea what those are :D

After "manual" check, the dentist said everything looks good and since I haven't been to any dentist all my life, she asked me to take X-Ray of my mouth. That was really uncomfortable because I have to bite this plastic thing, and the stuff they used on it smelled like detergent (maybe they used it for other people before and used detergent to wash it?? eeewwww...) anyway they took 3 x-ray of my mouth.. not sure why they needed so many..

I tell you this cool thing, the x-ray results immediately show on the monitor that she was using to check her email.. hahah thank God for technology! Ok anyway, the result show that I have no cavities (yay! my mom didn't believe this.. she thinks I seldom brush my teeth... my own mother leh...) but the bottom 2 wisdom tooth are going to somehow someday decay the other 2 teeth that are next to them. The dentist also suggested to take out 2 upper wisdom teeth, which I don't really know why since they don't bother me at all.

I think all my parents, grandparents, etc never have their wisdom tooth taken out. In Indonesia, it's not very common for people to take out their wisdom tooth, only in Singapore. Maybe to get 5 days MC? Hee hee.. :p

Ok, after talking about wisdom tooth extraction (which I have decided not to do), the dentist went to clean my teeth with this super noisy equipment that goes "zzzzznnnnnggg!! zzzznnngggg!!!" and the nurse (or helper or whatever) was putting another tube that's supposed to suck out my saliva.. ewww.. gross... I felt like a horse getting brushed...

After she finished torturing me, she told me to rinse my mouth and when I spitted out the water, it was BLOODY! it was still bloody even after a few rinse and I felt gap in between my two lower middle teeth.. I thought one tooth dropped out! And she said it's because the thing that was there before has been cleaned..

And I thought the torture was already over, but next was polishing.. I dunno what they used to polish my teeth, but it looks like a drill! I think I saw that in my previous previous previous company store room before actually..

And then finally the torture was over...

Rinse again.. more blood... scary.... I thought I have blood all over my face but luckily when I checked the mirror, it was clean :D

Then come the bill.. $438!!! so expensive!! omg.. turned out they charged me 75 bucks for each of the plastic thing that I have to bite.. I think those were sold to them for less than 10 bucks loh... anyway, my company insurance will pay for that.. but I think I will wait a long time before going for this cleaning again.. it definitely don't feel as comfortable as a facial!

Related posts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails