Thursday, May 7, 2009

Malaysia Road Trip April 2009

My brother needs to get out of Singapore for 5 days because his social visit pass is going to expire, so we planned to go on a driving trip to Malaysia, simply because my husband wants to drive! He actually planned to drive until Penang, I just can't stand the feeling of sitting in the car from Penang to Singapore, I think my backside will be as flat and stiff as a washing board! So at the end, we decided to drive up to Cameroon Highland but alas all the hotels are fully booked. Apparently, Malaysians like to go to Cameroon Highland as well during holiday period.

At the end, we only managed to book hotels in Malacca and KL *boring boring*. It was quite a long and dark journey to Malacca, because there weren't many street lights even on the North-South highway, and our GPS kept on bringing us away from the highway as if it has a mind of its own!

We left home about 8PM and reached Malacca about 10 or 11 PM (can't remember.. memory problem!) and checked in to the hotel. I soon crashed into bed and refused to move anymore, but my hubby and my brother still went around the area to check out the place. Well, nothing abnormal, this is what usually happens when we go on holiday. I will be sleeping or watching TV in the room while my hubby goes explore and buy food back.. hahaha.. :D

The next day, we went to this mall near our hotel. I think it's called Pahlawan or something, and my brother wants to try fish spa. I'm terrified of it so I just watched them and of course took photos of them.



My bro said it's ticklish, I think it's just disgusting... why can't they just go for normal pedicure!? Afterwards, we went to the historical area of Malacca. We even went to a museum!



We also climbed a very tall stairs to go up a building that used to be a church at some point of time in Malacca's history.



And my brother, being silly as he is, must take silly photos!



At night we went to watch Wolverine there. It cost like 4 bucks if I remember correctly! So cheap!!!

Next day we will be driving to KL, but we planned to pass by Port Dickson on the way. The beach was having low tide and there were lots of crab holes on the sand!



Then the camera battery went flat at this place! And the spare battery was flat too! ARRRGGGGHH what's the use of having spare battery when it's flat? So anyway, we hung out at that place and we kinda like it and decided that we should go to Port Dickson for holiday next time.

When we reached the KL hotel, it was quite late as well. And my brother of course needs to stress-test his extra bed.



So next day first destination in KL is of course the famous twin tower at KLCC! We couldn't get the ticket to go up because we were there quite late. The officer told us that usually the tickets ran out by 10 AM! Soooo kiasu lah!!



I can't remember what we did after KLCC *memory problem* but maybe we stayed there until pretty late.. Next day, being lazy as I am, I stayed in the hotel while they go to Batu Caves... good decision because I heard they have to climb up a lot of stairs and even they felt tired after that!

We also went to Genting Highlands since my brother never been there before. The only new thing that I haven't tried is Ripley's Believe It Or Not, but somewhere towards the end of the exhibit, I got the strange feeling that I've actually been there before.. *i really hate my poor memory!*



We also had Korean BBQ at Genting. I thought the portion was quite small when it came, but turned up we were so full after that.



We spent the last day in KL shopping and driving back to Singapore.. tiring journey but really fun :)

Related posts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails