Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Becoming a mother means losing your identity?

I can't help but notice that a lot of my friends who now have kid(s) have become so obsessed with their kids. Some signs including updating their FB status messages every 5 minutes with an update of their kids, for e.g. "Just had a walk with xxxx" or "I love it when xxx smiles" or "xxx loves chocolate". It's never about them anymore, but more about their kid(s).

I'm wondering if I'm going to be like that next time and it scares me a little bit. It's like you are no longer a person anymore, you are just somebody's mother now. I know it's not a bad thing about becoming somebody's mother, seeing how so many people love their own mothers, but I still feel that we should be our own person... I'm not sure if I'm making sense at this point.. :p

Anyway, I've sent reminder to someone to remind me next time in case I become like the said persons in the first paragraph. :p

Related posts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails