Friday, October 8, 2010

Me Time

Recent thoughts have been amplified by recent conversation (via blog comments) by Siyong about "me time" after baby. I always thought that my me time is in the bathroom, the daily half an hour I get in the morning while preparing to go to work because that's like truly the only luxurious half an hour that I can get without any interruption from other people. The next half an hour putting on make-up is not considered as me time as I often have to put make-up and watch Michelle at the same time, that's why she's into make-up at 10 months old! They say babies copy the adults a lot.

While it's true that the baby won't be able to stay up as late as adults, like for example Michelle sleeps on average about 9 or 10 PM, but is the time after that really my personal time? I do have husbands to accompany and talk to, perhaps that's husband time? And there are also friends to go out with. And also since my mom is here helping to take care of Michelle, and she doesn't have much friends in Singapore, I understand that she'll feel bored just staying at home so I need to bring her out too.

I wonder if I will ever have me time, maybe in a few years time? Like probably when she's teenager and doesn't want to hang out with me anymore :D

Related posts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails