Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hand Foot Mouth Disease (HFMD)

Last Friday, there's a student who was reported with HFMD in Michelle's daycare and that student is from the same class as Michelle. From the note that the teacher put in the communication packet to parents, it sounds like that particular student didn't even come on Friday but I tried to read up more about it online and found that the incubation period of the virus is 3-7 days so your child might be infected already but the symptoms are not showing.

I kept on hoping that Michelle won't get any rashes etc, but my worse fear came true on Sunday night! First I saw a small ulcer at the tip of her tongue, and then when I changed her diaper, I saw some rashes on her butt :(

So we didn't bring her in on Monday to daycare but instead we went to her PD but the doctor can't really confirm if it's HFMD. The location of the ulcer on the mouth can be because she accidentally bit it. There's also no rash or blister on her throat like what usually happens in HFMD cases.

So..... WFH..... quarantined at home.... keep on monitoring.... :(

I noticed that I've been complaining a lot about "motherhood" in general, all the constant worrying so here's on the lighter note - something that I posted in my FB status message the other day:

The joy of motherhood: Huge lizard hiding in our house somewhere and making scary noises. I faked a cry and Michelle quickly rushed to my side and gave me a hug and patted my head to comfort me. When did she learn to be so sweet like this!! :)

Related posts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails