Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Stop complaining and be grateful for what you have!

Recently I've been complaining a lot about my life.. how tired I am and how I'm always rushing here and there, how Michelle being sick all the time is killing my spirit, etc etc... but today I was reading a few news that makes all my problems seem so small..

First there was the news about the 2 year old toddler in China who got hit and run twice, she died in the hospital. Her parents are probably too poor to send her to a daycare or to hire a nanny to take care of her while they are out working, and that's probably why a 2 year old toddler was walking in the street by herself. And there I was complaining about how I always have to wake up early to pack her bags, how daycare is making her sick all the time, etc when I actually still have a job that pays very well that allows us to send Michelle to daycare, pay for all the medical bills, and still have cash to eat out, buy things that we like, go on holidays whenever we want.

And then there was this story about this young girl called Charmaine who was diagnosed with cancer since she was 4 years old. She was fighting cancer for 2.5 years and she passed away last week. I only read the news today but actually her 3-day wake was held over the weekend and it was really near my place, could have gone there... Over the weekend, I was sending Michelle to her vaccination place and was lamenting about how she took so long to recover from her cough and also her eye infection. The mother of Charmaine probably had to quit her job to look after her sick daughter, spent lots of money for cancer treatment, and finally gave her up. She was literally bleeding to death and her mother actually prayed to God to take away her daughter, how painful that must be for her. I always think that the least thing that a child can do for his/her parents is to outlive them. I don't even know what I will do or how I will carry on if I don't have Michelle....

And then I was reading blog update from one of the craft blogs that I'm following, Lil Blue Boo. She must be a very brave and strong woman! She's also so positive that she can take all these in her stride and still feel so calm about it. This is about a woman who was trying to have another kid but now all her chances are taken away from her. While me, almost 2 years after child birth, still sometimes talk about how painful a C-section recovery was and still afraid of having another one.

Related posts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails